NEW Munich Third Reich Tour by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
¿Por qué reservar con nosotros?
- ¡Plaza asegurada! Reservas online confirmadas.
- Lee los comentarios de otros clientes sobre nuestros tours y actividades.
- Confirmación por SMS de tu reserva de tour.
SANDEMANs NEW Munich offers the New Munich Third Reich Tour: Secrets of a Nazi Capital
Hitler called Munich 'Die Hauptstadt der Bewegung' (the Capital of the Movement); the city and its surrounds were central to the rise to power of the Nazi leader. On this three-hour walking tour, we examine the infamous streets where some of the darkest stories of human history took root and grew into Hitler's dictatorship.
We ask how a nation of people known for their level-headed thinking allowed what is perhaps the greatest tragedy of the 20th Century to happen and how the world lay sleeping while the Nazis built their war machine and solidified power.
Munich emerged from almost complete destruction during the Allied WWII bombings and was restored to its former glory. But the scars still remain. During the tour, our expert guides reveal the traces of the past and the irrevocable footprints of Nazi rule still visible today and finally answer the question: could it happen again?
On this three-hour walking tour, we cover all the main sites and stories including:
• The Hofbräuhaus: the world's most famous beer hall, as well as the birthplace of the Nazi Party
• Feldherrnhalle: where Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch was defeated, and Hitler was almost shot dead - ten years before he would eventually take control of Germany
• Brienner Straße: home of the Nazi Party's powerbase
• The Führerbau: site of the infamous Munich Agreement, a first step towards world conquest
• Altes Rathaus: the old town hall where Hitler and Goebbels planned Kristallnacht in 1938.
• Karolinenplatz: home to many Nazi dignitaries and supporters
• Square of the Victims of National Socialism: A harsh solid monument represents the violent Nazi regime and a flame symbolizes undying human spirit
• Königsplatz: where mass rallies and Nazi temples corrupted the beautiful square and gave birth to the ideological heart of the Nazi Party.
• Sterneckerbräu: where Hitler launched his political career
• German resistance movements: stories from across Munich, one of which was turned into an Academy Award nominated film in 2006
• Memorials to the victims of the Third Reich: visit several of the more than 112 memorials that exist for this purpose, most of which are hidden beneath Munich's charming facade.
• Vergangenheitsbewältigung: How Germans and other world citizens alike attempt to come to terms with the Holocaust.
Monday, Thursday, and Saturday
€12, €10 students
(Book the student discount rate by searching for 'NEW Munich Third Reich Tour - Student Rate')
The tour starts at 10:45am in front of the National Monument at Marienplatz.
For your convenience, we also offer a pick up at 10:00am in front of the Starbucks in Hauptbahnhof by platform 11.
Be sure to look for our guides in their red SANDEMANs NEW Europe T-shirts!
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.