Biking to the hills and back! by Mahir és Alex Kft
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
¿Por qué reservar con nosotros?
- ¡Plaza asegurada! Reservas online confirmadas.
- Lee los comentarios de otros clientes sobre nuestros tours y actividades.
- Confirmación por SMS de tu reserva de tour.
Enjoy the beautiful landscape and the main sightseeing attractions of Buda and Pest from John-hill to downtown with refreshing breaks in the cool retro-pubs along the way!
- Departure times: 09:00
- Duration: 5 Hours
- Takes Place In: Budapest
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
Enjoy the highest view in Budapest, without making a major effort. We will climb John-hill by the cog-wheel, and pick up our MTB bikes in order to have a relaxing ride through the Buda nature reserve to Elisabeth Lookout Tower. On our descent from nature-lovers paradise, you will enjoy great views, 40’s feel wooden retro pub, and pass by major tourist attractions of both, Buda and Pest sides. Meeting point at the cod-wheel station, on the Buda side, from where we will climb up to 450 meters the easy way. The highest point of the ride will be 527 meters, so having gained most of the altitude, we will make use of good old gravity throughout the tour! Our MTB bikes will await us at Buda Natural Reserve – Normafa. Following the ridge linking the two peeks, through lush green forest, dominated by beech and oak trees, we will reach the highest point of Budapest - 527 meters - at the zenith of János-hegy (John hill). 101 steps lead up to the top of Elizabeth Lookout Tower, which provides a beautiful view of the city and surroundings. Dropping down on the other side, the intent ones can easily reach 50 km/h, on tarmac surface roads, while the rest can enjoy the numerous view points. We will have a brief stop above Feiry rock, and a last check of the breaks, before descending on nature trails to the 58-restaurant, hidden is a small valley. A true secret of Buda, preserving 40-50’s atmosphere, and serving simple food, cold beer at modest prices. It will be difficult to get back onto our bikes, but the city is waiting for us! On our way back, we will pass attractions of the Buda and Pest side, including Chain Bridge, Basilica, Parliament….. on a hot summer day, we will finish with a refreshing “swim” at the interactive-fountain at Freedom-square.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.