Jewish Cultural Heritage - Expanded Grand Tour by Hungaria Koncert Ltd.
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
¿Por qué reservar con nosotros?
- ¡Plaza asegurada! Reservas online confirmadas.
- Lee los comentarios de otros clientes sobre nuestros tours y actividades.
- Confirmación por SMS de tu reserva de tour.
Budapest has the biggest Jewish community in Middle - Eastern Europe, with an active religious, artistic and historical heritage.
- Departs from: Time table: 10:00 on weekdays (Monday - Thursday), on Sundays at 11:00
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Takes Place In: Budapest
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Please, print out your booking and bring with you to the program place. Thank you.
- Meeting point: in front of Dohany Street Synagogue 15 minutes before tour starts
Included in price:
Budapest has the biggest Jewish community in Middle - Eastern Europe, with an active religious, artistic and historical heritage. Through centuries the Hungarian and Jewish history has been so entwined that it is almost inseparable. Jews played and play an important role in the countryâ€™s economical, cultural and political life.
Our company was created in 1995 and since then we try to show our visitors the Hungarian and Jewish culture in our country. Our English speaking guides are well trained, and have the necessary qualification to help you understand the Jewish past and present in Hungary and in Budapest.
Our tours are in one (English) language,and we try to keep the sightseeing tours with small groups of people. To customize your needs we prepared three types of heritage tours.
Expanded Grand Tour - with three synagouges (3,5-4 hours )
This tour was created for the one, who would really like to understand the differences between our main religious wings. With the help of our English-speaking guide you will be acquainted with the most important chapters of the history and culture of the Hungarian Jewry. The tour includes an interior visit to the Dohány synagogue, which is the largest in Europe. Guided tour in the Jewish Museum, which has an important and unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe. The Holocaust Cemetery where thousand were buried, who were killed in the ghetto times. The Raul Wallenberg Memorial Park with the Tree of Life which was created to remind us of those who perished in the war. We pass by the Heroes temple, which was built in memory of those who gave their lives during the World War II. To understand the present we continue our walk to the old â€" new Jewish Quarter, which was used as a ghetto during the WWII and it hosts synagogues, monuments, kosher restaurants, and shops. You will see the Carl Lutz Memorial, than we have an interior visit of the statusquo movement, the Rumbach Street Synagogue, the KirÃ¡ly Street, the famous Gozsdu Courtyard and the center of the orthodox Jewish community, with an interior visit of the Kazinczy Street Synagogue. After our approximately 3,5-4 hours-long tour, we will offer you a cake and coffee in a kosher confectionary. You can chose this tour with a lunch too, in that case with our ticket you will get 15% discount in Carmel a kosher restaurant.
Timetable: 10:00 on weekdays (Monday - Friday), on Sundays at 11:00
Meeting point: in front of Dohany Street Synagogue 15 minutes before tour starts
Main stops of the EXPANDED GRAND TOUR:
- Interior visit of the DohÃ¡ny street Synagogueâ€" entrance fee included
- Jewish Museum with guiding
- Wallenberg park
- The Tree of Life
- The Temple of Heroes
- Interior visit of the statusquo Rumbach synagogueâ€" entrance fee included
- Carl Lutz memorial
- Interior visit of the ortodox Kazinczy street synagogue â€" entrance fee included
- Cake and coffee in a kosher confectionary, or lunch in a kosher Carmel restaurant â€" with our ticket you get 15% discount
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 15.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.