Oban, West Highland Lochs & Castles (Glasgow) by Timberbush Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
¿Por qué reservar con nosotros?
- ¡Plaza asegurada! Reservas online confirmadas.
- Lee los comentarios de otros clientes sobre nuestros tours y actividades.
- Confirmación por SMS de tu reserva de tour.
Spend a day in the majestic beating heart of Scotland: a land of ancient fortresses, flowing stream, lochs, forests and hills; a land of kings, heroes, thieves and rogues!
- Departs from: 09.30 departure from Tourist Information, George Square. Please arrive 15 minutes early as missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 1 Day
- Takes Place In: Glasgow
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Leaving Glasgow we head west, crossing the Firth of Clyde, where we pass Dumbarton's famous and imposing rock fortress with its equally impressive castle. Our first stop is the pretty conservation village of Luss, on the 'Bonny, Bonny Banks' of Loch Lomond, where we can walk along the shore or admire the village.
Then we climb into the Highlands through stunning scenery, and a route marked by several dramatic castles and beautiful lochs. We make a stop for lunch in the picturesque fishing town of Oban, with its horseshoe bay and MacCaig's Folly.
After lunch, we journey south and pause to admire the spectacular Kilchurn Castle, majestically situated on Loch Awe, and beautifully framed by mountains. Our final stop is Inveraray, historic seat of the Duke of Argyll, where we can choose to visit Inveraray Castle*, (April-October only) or explore the town's white-washed Georgian houses, wide streets and enjoy views across the shores of Loch Fyne. Inveraray was built by the third Duke of Argyll in the mid 18th Century and was considered a model "new town" of its day.
We commence our return journey via the Rest and Be Thankful pass, then make our journey south to Glasgow.
This tour visits Inveraray Castle from April -October and alternates to Dunstaffnage Castle From November to March.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.