Oban, Western Highlands, Lochs, Castles & Glencoe by Discover Scotland Tours Ltd
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
¿Por qué reservar con nosotros?
- ¡Plaza asegurada! Reservas online confirmadas.
- Lee los comentarios de otros clientes sobre nuestros tours y actividades.
- Confirmación por SMS de tu reserva de tour.
shimmering Lochs, breathtaking scenery, historic castles & castle ruins, incredible views and settings that are the natural splendor of the Western Highlands. Optional Whisky Tour.
- Departs from: Departs from outside the Visitor Information Centre 11 George Sq Glasgow. Free Hotel/Hostel pick up service within Glasgow.
- Departure times: 09:00
- Duration: 9.5 Hours
- Takes Place In: Glasgow
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
A superb day trip, where there is a choice of things to see and do. From shimmering Lochs, breathtaking mountain scenery to historic castles and castle ruins, enjoy the incredible views and settings that are the natural splendor of the Western Highlands. Visit the magnificent Inveraray Castle or experience Inveraray Jail. Enjoy free time in Oban or choose to visit the Oban whisky distillery and on your return back to Glasgow we will stop off for some refreshments by the roaring log fire of the 305 year old Drovers Inn.
Departing Glasgow we cross the Erskine Bridge which looks down on Dumbarton Rock & Castle, see Ben Lomond as we travel along the west side of Loch Lomond. Our route takes us around the head of Loch Long by very steep and rocky mountains, known as the Arrochar Alps.
Our journey continues over the "Rest and be Thankful" to Inveraray, a classic example of an 18th century planned town, built by the 3rd Duke of Argyll, chief of the powerful Clan Campbell. The town is a magnificent piece of Scottish Georgian architecture with its distinctive white washed buildings.
Here you have the choice to spend time at the iconic Inveraray Castle or Inveraray Courtroom and Jail where actual records for every person who was sentenced and imprisoned there are held. Discover how the wrongdoers were treated before the days of prisons.
From Inveraray we travel to the imposing Kilchurn Castle, which stands at the head of Loch Awe in a backdrop of soaring mountains.
We will stop for lunch in Oban, originally a small fishing village, now it is the Gateway to the Isles. Here you have some free time to wander around this little Highland town or for those of you who wish to participate in a distillery tour and sample a wee dram we will take you to the Oban whisky distillery.
After lunch our route takes us across Connel Bridge and along the breathtaking west coast, passing Loch Creran on route to Castle Stalker, situated on its own little islet in Loch Laich.
From Castle Stalker we head to spectacular Glencoe, known as the "Weeping Glen" due to the terrible events that took place here by Government soldiers in 1692. Continuing on we go over Rannoch Moor, described as Europe's last great wilderness and it's not long before we arrive at the Drovers Inn. Over the years the Drovers Inn has welcomed the great and the good through its doors including the infamous Rob Roy MacGregor. We will make a stop here for some early evening refreshments by the roaring log fire before our return to Glasgow.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.